VLC media player 2016 is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
Read Also:- angry Bird Fight 2016
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC media player 2016
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
This version is for all devices except ARMv6 devices. They will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android needs access to :
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections and hide the streaming parts when needed.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
VLC on Android 1.7.3
1.7.3 is fixing a few crashes. focus and overlay issues, and improvements for the TV.
1.7.0 release is removing many permissions from the application, and is the first step for Android 6.0 permissions (planned for 1.8.0).
There is a new subtitle engine, for complex text and Unicode support..
We’ve changed the notification, the lockscreen and the Bluetooth control to be more standard. We’ve worked to simplify the code and use more standard libraries and widgets.